Despite great strides in education and societal normalization towards children facing developmental challenges such as autism, there is still confusion and misunderstanding associated with these conditions. However, with the utilization of evidence-based individualized ABA treatments, children with autism and similar disorders can unlock their great potential, allowing them to thrive. At Breakthrough ABA, our team is committed to ensuring that every child we treat has the skills needed to unlock their potential. To learn about these services or enroll a child at Breakthrough ABA, please contact us at 281.899.0146 today.
About the Founder of Breakthrough ABA
Breakthrough ABA’s Founder and CEO, Heba Salem, has extensive education, training, and passion for supporting children and families coping with autism. This passion guided her to establish Breakthrough ABA. She completed the Early Intervention Program at the University of British Columbia in Canada before earning her Master’s degree in Developmental Psychology and Education from the University of Toronto. She then completed her graduate-level courses in ABA at the University of North Texas to become a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
After graduating, Ms. Salem worked with children between the ages of 9 months to 14 years in Toronto, Canada, focusing on challenges such as:
- ADHD (Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Developmental exceptionalities
- Learning and behavioral challenges
- Language delays
During her time in Toronto, Ms. Salem worked with families, support networks, and schools. In this capacity, she supplied direct clinical intervention, training, consulting, coaching, and teaching. Today, she administers tailored programs for her clients that are continually improved and infused with the most up-to-date interventions and research.
Professionally Trained Staff
Breakthrough ABA recognizes that treatment programs can only be as strong as the team members who run them. As a result, the team includes highly trained, Board Certified Behavior Analysts. These specialists employ their analytical, compassion, and active listening skills to assess clients and create an individualized treatment plan for their needs. These analysts use their extensive experience and training to provide treatment, supervision and achieve positive outcomes for children with autism and other developmental and behavioral challenges.
Board Certified Behavior Analysts are committed to monitoring each child’s behavior intervention program on an ongoing basis. Our dedicated staff understands that regular and timely supervision is essential for ensuring the best possible outcome for each child.
Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs) are certified paraprofessionals who work under the supervision of Board Certified Behavior Analysts. They implement various ABA based programs at the direction of the BCBA. They receive extensive training and practice in implementing ABA methods, data collection, and related ethical standards. Additionally, they receive focused training in specialized areas such as social skills facilitation, natural environment teaching, play skills training, toilet training, Picture Exchange Communication System, Non-violent Crisis Intervention, and more.
Furthermore, our behavior technicians have passed rigorous written and field evaluations demonstrating their proficiency and understanding in applying these techniques.
At Breakthrough ABA, our team believes that children have boundless potential. By deploying the right resources, employing skilled team members, providing professional guidance and applying evidence-based treatment modalities, they help enable our clients to thrive emotionally and socially and live free of behaviors that limit their opportunities for full community involvement.
It is Breakthrough ABA’s mission to provide a welcoming environment where children with autism and other behavioral and developmental challenges can access high-quality treatment. It is also part of our mission to support families by encouraging them to join in the community to access care and gain knowledge. The Breakthrough ABA team consists of healthcare professionals dedicated to delivering excellent services based on evidence-based research to all children and families in our program.
Our Vision Statement
Breakthrough ABA envisions a world that recognizes children with developmental challenges for their strengths rather than their weaknesses. To that end, we are committed to providing the most innovative ABA services to children with autism and other developmental challenges in an ethical, supportive, and inclusive environment.
Our Treatment Values
When delivering treatment, especially to children, it is essential to have core values that guide the practice and delivery of services. Breakthrough ABA holds a range of values that guide treatment, and we remain deeply committed to these values and attempt to incorporate them into everything we do. These values include:
- Integrity: Breakthrough ABA adheres to strict ethical and moral principles in their clinical and operational practices.
- Advancing lives: Every team member at Breakthrough ABA wants to help children achieve their full potential. The team expertly teaches skills that lead to growth, ultimately giving clients and their families the skills they need to change their lives.
- Comprehensive training: Breakthrough ABA ensures that staff members have extensive training and education, as well as a blend of experience, academic qualifications, and certifications.
- Capitalizing on state-of-the-art technology and approaches: Breakthrough ABA’s team wants to ensure that each child has the best treatment experience and outcome possible and uses innovative technology and leading-edge clinical practices to achieve that end.
To learn more about these values, please reach out to Breakthrough ABA today at 281.899.0146.
Why Choose Breakthrough ABA?
By reaching out to Breakthrough ABA, you are choosing one of the best possible treatments for your child. Our highly trained staff provides proven, evidence-based ABA services that are tailored to the specific needs of your child and yield measurable outcomes.
Breakthrough ABA offers:
- Individualized treatment plans for every child
- Expert training for parents and caregivers as an available part of treatment
- Objective performance goals that are developed with the parents and are tracked on a regular basis and communicated with the entire family.
- Treatment plans are monitored by experienced professionals every step of the way
- Coordination of care with all available providers
- All treatment plans are developed and directed by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- All treatment programs adhere to the field’s best practices
Breakthrough ABA offers a streamlined enrollment process for children between 18 months and 10 years of age. Please reach out to Breakthrough ABA today at 281.899.0146 to enroll your child.