Autism spectrum disorders and other developmental challenges are common throughout the United States and the world at large. Children as young as eighteen months old can receive those diagnoses. However, with the proper support and assistance, they can acquire and improve behavioral and functional skills. At Breakthrough ABA, our autism treatment programs can help children and families manage their conditions, allowing them to attain their full potential. With the help of ABA-based treatment programs, many children with autism and other developmental challenges can thrive.
When it comes to autism treatment programs at Breakthrough ABA, the team will take the time to individualize the services to the child and family’s needs. Please get in touch with Breakthrough ABA today at 281.899.0146 for more information about available services.
What Is ABA?
The acronym ABA stands for Applied Behavior Analysis, which is at the heart of the program at Breakthrough ABA. In simple terms, ABA is an evidence-based scientific approach used to change or improve an individual’s behavior and develop learning and functional skills, while taking into consideration environmental variables. ABA offers clinical treatment options that allow children to generalize skills learned in the treatment program and apply them to everyday situations in their home, school, and community.
When a parent brings their child to Breakthrough ABA, the team begins by observing and evaluating their behaviors. Once this step is complete, the staff will develop a treatment plan supporting the child’s needs. Many of the treatments in the ABA program are play-based situations, enabling the child to develop their skills at their level. Proven ABA therapies include Discrete Trial Training (DTT), modeling, the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), and reinforcement systems. The team also regularly provides training for parents to help them enforce these new skills at home.
ABA can be utilized in many behaviors and learning domains, among which are:
- Communication, social, and language skills
- Self-care skills
- Pre-academic and academic skills
- Challenging, disruptive, and self-injurious behaviors
- Toilet training
- Eating and sleeping related habits
Services at Breakthrough ABA
A range of services is available, which support the learning of children with autism and other developmental challenges.
Breakthrough ABA will perform behavioral and skills assessments and design a treatment plan accordingly to address any behavioral or developmental needs. Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) can assess the child’s skill set across various developmental domains and collect baseline data on various problematic behaviors. These assessments will evaluate:
- Language and communication skills
- Social skills
- Learning readiness skills
- Self-care and adaptive skills
Learn more by contacting Breakthrough ABA at 281.899.0146
Center Based Services
Breakthrough ABA center utilizes several ABA-based techniques such as Natural Environment Training (NET) and Discrete Trial Teaching (DTT) to accomplish the different developmental goals for each child. Some services are only available at Breakthrough ABA center, such as social skills groups. Center based services are extensive and may include:
- The team supports children to develop play, language, and self-help skills.
- Children can practice socially acceptable skills with peers with similar skill levels.
- Children can learn to replace problematic behaviors with socially acceptable skills and practices.
- The center offers parent training each week.
- Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs) offer both one-on-one and group treatment options under the supervision of Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs).
For more information about the services available at the Breakthrough ABA center, please reach out to the team today at 281.899.0146.
Home Based Services
Breakthrough ABA also provides clients with home based services by Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) under the supervision of Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). This allows for the generalization of learned skills within the natural environment of each child. These home-based services may include:
- One-on-one support from RBT
- Teaching self-help, play, and language skills in a natural environment setting
- Developing problem-solving skills
- Addressing problem behaviors
- Generalizing the skills the child learns in his/her home environment
- Weekly parent training
For more information about home-based services, please reach out to the Breakthrough ABA team today at 281.899.0146.
Breakthrough ABA understands that you as a parent will know the behavioral and developmental challenges of your child intimately. Parent-mediated intervention (PMI) is crucial in supporting your child’s therapy and teaches you techniques to help your child with daily challenges.
Parents training can include:
- How to identify the cause and purpose of your child’s challenging behavior
- How to gather useful information
- How to implement behavior management strategies
- How to maintain and generalize the skills your child has learner into other environments
If you are interested in parent training, call now at 281.899.0146.
Social Skills Training
Social skills are what allow us to intuitively navigate interpersonal interactions in daily life. For children with autism and developmental challenges, these interactions present difficulties. A social skills program provides customized plans with measurable objectives to improve behavior and enhance positive outcomes. Through various role-play and play activities, social skills training will allow a child to start conversations, show interest, develop and maintain friendships, learn how to avoid teasing/fighting, or make small talk more effectively. In addition, listening is also stressed since a big part of social interaction is listening and knowing how to respond.
In addition, social skills training at Breakthrough ABA might include instruction on:
- How to show good sportsmanship when playing games
- The ability to initiate interactions with peers
- The importance of respecting peer preferences
With the help of social skills training, the child will be able to interact with other children, allowing them to thrive.
Call Breakthrough ABA today for more information about social skills training at 281.899.0146.
Our ABA school support services and teacher training can help students with autism and challenging behaviors succeed in school or children succeed in daycares. A Board Certified Behavior Analyst can work with a teacher or school district to support a student’s individualized educational program (IEP). There are numerous ways Breakthrough ABA can provide training to educators so they can help support a student’s needs. A few of these include:
- Facilitating social interactions
- Addressing problem behaviors
- Addressing learning readiness skills
- Encouraging play skills
- Toilet training
For more information on school support, call Breakthrough ABA at 281.899.0146.
Contact Breakthrough ABA
At Breakthrough ABA, the team treats children between the ages of eighteen months and twelve years, helping them overcome their unique challenges. To learn more about the treatment programs available, please contact Breakthrough ABA today at 281.899.0146.