Breakthrough ABA is looking for Behavior Technicians (BT) to provide intensive behavioral intervention services to clients with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental delays in language, cognitive, adaptive behavior, social-emotional, self-care, fine motor, gross motor, and communication development. The BT is ultimately responsible for direct delivery of the behavioral services to the children and families, as well as accurate record-keeping of case notes and excellent communication with supervising BCaBAs or BCBAs about the program and the progress of the behavior service plans. The BT maintains a weekly billable caseload of service hours as directed by the Clinical Director.
Availability: Full – Time opportunities may be available!
Breakthrough ABA provides parents and families with high-quality ABA services both in a clinic and at home to enable them to thrive. Breakthrough ABA provides ABA therapy to children ages 18 months to 10 years old diagnosed with ASD or other developmental disabilities. We set goals with families and design and implement individual treatment plans that enable children to grow to their fullest potential.
We seek to be leaders in the ABA providers’ field by caring for our clients, families, and staff. We believe that each staff member brings unique strengths and capabilities that should be capitalized on every day. We also offer a competitive benefits package, meaningful learning and training, and career advancement opportunities as we grow.
We are founded by a passionate BCBA who envisions Breakthrough ABA as an organization where clients and staff have unique, remarkable experiences while driving meaningful impact and change.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct therapy in individual and group sessions.
- Assists supervising BCBA/BCaBA with implementing individualized goals and checklists.
- Implements individualized treatment plan as written and directed by BCBAs.
- Collects accurate data and graphs data as instructed.
- Maintains dignity and confidentiality for all clients.
- Maintains and protects the well-being of all clients.
- Completes and returns session notes and other paperwork on time and manages client PHI in accordance with HIPAA.
- Actively communicates Breakthrough ABA’s outreach efforts to the community
- Adheres to the mission, vision, and values of Breakthrough ABA
- An Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree or educational coursework completed in child development, special education, psychology, or related field.
- A minimum of one years’ experience working with children
- RBT Certification preferred
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Must be trustworthy and reliable and able to deal appropriately with confidential information.
- Must have excellent written and communication skills.
- Team- player with the ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of personalities.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Ability to stand and circulate for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Must pass a criminal history background check
- Ability and willingness to travel between client locations for appointments as assigned in a punctual manner.
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday.
- Hours will fluctuate based on workload and client schedule. Occasional weekend work will be required based on client needs.
- This position requires up to 100% travel moving between client residences in the Houston Metro area.
Benefits for Full-Time employees
- Breakthrough ABA will provide all training as part of the hiring process. This includes CPR/First aid, RBT course, and competency, and specialized training to ensure you can meet your client’s needs.
- Opportunities for promotional raises based on performance
- Professional development opportunities to become Registered Behavior Technician (RBT), Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA), and Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- Paid Mileage
- Paid professional liability insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Team building events
Breakthrough ABA LLC does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, disability, creed, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, age, gender, sexual orientation, number of dependents, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. As part of the Breakthrough ABA team, no provider or staff member shall aid, coerce, or conspire to cause termination or resignation of another team member because of illegal, discriminatory factors.
If you are looking for your next career move and want to work with a company that genuinely cares about staff and clients, please send your application to [email protected]. Let’s start a conversation about your potential future at Breakthrough ABA.